The holiday season is almost here, bringing with it the promise of joy, warmth, and an abundance of delicious, tempting treats. While it’s a time for celebration and indulgence, it can also be a period of concern for those who’ve been diligently working on their health and fitness goals throughout the year. The good news is that you don’t have to let the holidays sabotage your hard-earned progress. In this blog post, we’ll share practical advice to help you find that elusive balance between holiday cheer and staying committed to your workouts and nutrition. It’s time to set your sights on a goal of sticking with your healthy routines at least 80% of the time through the holidays. Here’s how:
1. Short, Intense Workouts:
- When your holiday schedule is packed to the brim, shorter, high-intensity workouts can be a game-changer. These quick sessions are not only time-efficient but also highly effective in maintaining your fitness.
2. Master the ‘In-Between’ Moments:
- The holiday season is full of moments where you might find yourself waiting for something – the oven to preheat, your cousin to arrive, or the New Year’s countdown. Don’t let these moments go to waste; utilize them for brief, mini workouts. Even a few sets of bodyweight exercises like squats, lunges, or push-ups can keep you on track.
3. Family Fitness Fun:
- Encourage your family to get involved in your fitness journey. Suggest fun activities like a family football game on Thanksgiving, a post-dinner stroll to enjoy the holiday lights, or an impromptu dance-off to your favorite festive tunes. OR! Bring them into Brickhouse for a group workout! These activities not only promote togetherness but also keep you moving.
4. Morning Momentum:
- Schedule your workouts in the morning. This ensures that your fitness routine won’t get sacrificed in the face of holiday commitments. Early exercise sets a positive tone for your day and guarantees you’ve completed your workout before distractions arise. If you need to move some holiday-time sessions to the mornings, let us know and we can accommodate.
5. Prioritize Your Workouts:
- Just as you meticulously plan your holiday gatherings and events, make your workouts non-negotiable appointments on your calendar. Treat them with the same level of importance and commitment.
Remember, the holidays should be a time of joy, gratitude, and celebration. There’s no need to choose between festive indulgence and fitness success. By incorporating these strategies into your holiday schedule, you can enjoy the season’s offerings without compromising your hard-earned progress. With an 80% commitment to your workouts and nutrition, you’ll glide into the New Year feeling accomplished and ready for whatever lies ahead. Embrace the festive spirit, and let’s make this holiday season one that leaves you feeling fit and fantastic!
To book a free consultation with a coach today, click HERE. We’d love to help!